Saturday, November 3, 2012

Homemade Washing Soda

Great Idea! This came to me tonight from one of the members of my Environmental Health Group! Not only is this  Frugal and easily accomplished... Its just plain hard to buy Washing Soda here in Canada!! I have tried, and its just not a product that is readily available.

I have a few recipes that I had to settle for just plain Baking Soda that I can now try with this new ingredient.

Just make sure that you make it in a well ventilated area... I suggest in a toaster oven outdoors if possible.

Many thanks to Penny from Penniless Parenting!! Great Resource site!

Homemade Washing Soda

Ingredients
Baking Soda

Instructions
1. Fill a wide baking dish with baking soda.
2. Heat in the oven at 400 degrees until all the baking soda becomes washing soda. Occasionally mix it so that this process happens faster and more uniformly.
3. Use as needed!

Click here for more information: Penniless Parenting: Homemade Washing Soda Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment